I’ll be taking a break from Greenbriar Consulting and taking on a full-time contract at TAFE NSW-Illawarra Institute as Environmental Sustainability Coordinator. It’ll be fun to have ownership of a site ( or 14) again, rather then just advising.
My existing contracts are being completed.
Greenbriar Consulting can help you assess and reduce your business’ carbon footprint and improve your water efficiency. At Greenbriar Consulting we can tailor a program that starts with auditing and carbon footprinting, and integrates staff training and communication. Talk to us about your business’ sustainability requirements:
- Carbon footprinting and carbon reduction plans
- Water efficiency audits and water management plans
- Sustainability planning; recommending strategy and policy
- Auditing and reporting
- Developing communication and marketing strategies
- Running staff education programs and workshops
- Writing articles for trade magazines or brochures
Manager Greenbriar Consulting
0434 336 468
PO Box 7052
Gwynneville, NSW 2500
Wendy Hird, Manager of Greenbriar Consulting, is a professional mechanical engineer (B.E.Mech) and a passionate advocate for sustainability – particularly for water efficiency – and has the latest qualifications and information about carbon management.
She has spent the last four years engaging hotels, clubs, shopping centres and government departments in water efficiency projects. Prior to that she has 13 years working in heavy industry in asset management, project management and sustainability.
Wendy has worked with industry, hospitality and commercial customers to improve their sustainability practices and helped to bring about management change. She has advised on policy, strategy, communication and marketing, provided staff training, helped to apply for government grants, audited facilities and advised on capital upgrades or low-cost retrofits.
Manager, Greenbriar Consulting
Cert IV Carbon Management
Cert IV Training and Assessment
- 4 years as Water Efficiency Specialist with Sydney Water’s Every Drop Counts program.
- 21 years at BlueScope Steel, the last 13 involved with project management, asset managment and sustainability.
- Illawarra Business Chamber
- Club NSW Industry Supporter 2011-2012
- Winner – Every Drop Counts Individual Achievement award 2006
- Winner – International BHP Billiton HSEC (Health Safety Environment and Community) Environment category, 2001.
- Water efficiency in business hotels. Presented at the 4th National Water Efficiency Conference March 1-3 2011.
- Recycled Water – Case Study: BlueScope Steel Port Kembla Steelworks. Desalination 188(2006) pp. 97-103, Elsevier (www.elsevier.com/locate/desal). Presented (poster format) at the International Conference on Integrated Concepts on Water Recycling, Wollongong, 14-17 February 2005.